CAMBRIDGE, Mass.– The Harvard baseball team travels back down south to take on Radford in a four-game series, beginning Friday at 4 p.m. at Carter Memorial Stadium. Saturday will feature a doubleheader starting at 12 p.m., followed by the series finale on Sunday at 11 a.m. The series will not be broadcast.
Friday: RHP Hunter Bigge (3.2 IP, 0-1, 12.27 ERA) vs. LHP Zack Ridgley (9 IP, 0-0, 5.00 ERA)
Saturday, Game 1: RHP Ian Miller (6 IP, 1-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. RHP Graham Firoved (3 IP, 1-0, 4.50 ERA)
Saturday, Game 2: RHP Buddy Hayward (4 IP, 0-1, 11.25 ERA) vs. LHP Derek Domecq (8.2 IP, 1-1, 8.31 ERA)
Sunday: RHP Kevin Stone (6 IP, 1-0, 1.50 ERA) vs. RHP Cole Dunn (12.1 IP, 0-1, 7.30 ERA)
What to Know:
- The Crimson enters Friday's matchup against Radford coming off back-to-back wins against Wofford the previous weekend.
- This is the first matchup in program history against Radford.
- Senior Patrick McColl, after an impressive weekend including a .412 average (7-17) and two home runs, earned Ivy League Player of the Week honors.
- Classmate Ian Miller gave the team its first win of the season, allowing just one unearned run over six innings of work, adding eight strikeouts.
- The Joseph O'Donnell '67 Head Coach for Harvard Baseball Bill Decker sits just one win away from 100 wins as the head coach of the Harvard baseball team.
Harvard will begin its spring break trip to the Snowbird Classic in Port Charlotte, Florida. The team will have five games over the week, starting on March 15 at 1:30 p.m. against Seton Hall.