Strength & Conditioning Nutrition
Below is a nutrition guideline designed for athletes in a variety of sports, and with various nutritional needs. Information to be found herein includes:
- Recommended Daily Protein Intake for Male and
- Included: A Selection of Healthy Foods and their Protein Content, click here.
- Recommended Daily Carbohydrate Intake for Athletes with Various
- Included: A Selection of Healthy Foods and their Carbohydrate Content, click here.
- Recommended Fat Intake/Limits for Athletes with Various Goals
- Included: Common Foods and Their Fat Content by Percentage Calories, click here.
- Beware Fast Food: A Breakdown of the Fat and Cholesterol at a Variety of Fast Food Establishments, click here.
- What Does it All Mean? (click here)
- Sample Daily Diets for Athletes with Various Training and Weight Management Goals
We have addressed the needs of athletes of all body types and all weight-management goals, as well as some of the differences between the sport-nutrition needs of male and female athletes.
As an athlete at the Division I level, your dietary routines must be aligned with your training and practice regimens to maximize your potential. A healthy eating plan is one of the pillars of improved sport performance, and can make the difference between success and failure of your athletic goals.