DAYTON, Ohio – The Harvard women's volleyball team (2-4) wrapped up Wright State's Holiday Inn Invitational with a 3-0 sweep of Tennessee Tech this afternoon (Sept. 9). Following the match, sophomore Maclaine Fields was selected as a member of the All-Tournament Team after accumulating 23 kills and eight blocks through three matches and hitting percentages of .529 against Wright State and .421 against Tennessee Tech.
- Sophomore Maclaine Fields and freshman Mindie Mabry led the Crimson attack with 10 kills each. Mabry led the team with a .500 hitting percentage.
- Erin McCarthy posted her second double-double of the season with 36 assists and 12 digs.
- Harvard posted 23 season bests and nine career highs against Tennessee Tech.
- Christina Cornelius, Maclaine Fields and Grace Roberts Burbank added two kills apiece en route to a 9-5 start for the Crimson.
- Behind the same arms, Harvard drove to an 18-14 lead.
- Points from Jocelyn Meyer put the Crimson in position to take the set at 24-18.
- The Golden Eagles attempted a comeback, but were unable to hold off Cornelius from securing the set for Harvard (25-22).
- The Crimson and Golden Eagles went point for point early in the second set, before Tennessee Tech surged to a 14-9 lead.
- Jocelyn Meyer led the charge to cut the deficit to one (17-16).
- Back-to-back kills from rookie Mindie Mabry put the Crimson at 20 and within sight of set point (20-18).
- The Golden Eagles fought to close the gap, but Meyer ended the set with a kill at 25-23.
- With its back against the wall, Tennessee Tech sprinted to a 6-1 start in set three.
- The Crimson rallied to tie the score at 12.
- A string of Tennessee Tech errors allowed Harvard to climb to a 20-16 lead.
- Fields set the Crimson up for match point and a service error by the Golden Eagles gave Harvard its second sweep of the season.
Up next, the Crimson will compete in the annual New England Challenge contested by Boston College, Northeastern and UMass Lowell Sept. 14-16.