Women's Tennis Downs Central Florida, 6-1
Hideko Tachibana picked up a win in the No. 2 singles match (photo courtesy of DSPics.com).
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Harvard women's tennis team
picked up a 6-1 win over the Central Florida Golden Knights
Saturday afternoon. Harvard claimed the doubles point and won five
of six singles matches en route to the victory.
In doubles play, sophomore Holly Cao and junior Samantha Rosekrans defated Jenny Frisell and Katie Orletsky, 8-6, in the No. 1 match. Freshman Hideko Tachibana and Kristin Norton cruised past Alexis Rodriguez and Christy Core, 8-3 in the No. 2 match. In the No. 3 match, Alexandra Lehman and Sophie Chang fell to Andrea Yacaman and Taylor Dubins, 8-2.
Cao cruised in the first set of the No. 1 singles match, winning 6-0 against Frisell. After falling 1-6 in the second set, Cao came back and won the match with a 6-1 victory in the third set. Tachibana picked up a win in the No. 2 doubles match by defeating Alexis Rodrigues, 6-4, 6-2. After falling 1-6 in the opening set, Norton came back in the next two sets to defeat Yacaman, 6-3, 6-2, in the No. 3 match. Rosekrans picked up a 6-1, 6-4 win over Jenna Doerfler in the No. 4 match. Chang claimed the sixth singles point for the Crimson as she handed Allison Hodges a 7-6 (7-4), 7-5 defeat in the No. 5 match. In a closely fought match in the No. 6 spot, Gridley fell to Orlestsky, 3-6, 6-2, 7-5.
The Crimson continues their road stand as they face South Florida Monday at 11 a.m.
1. #84 Holly Cao (HAR) def. #83 Jenny Frisell (UCF) 6-0, 1-6, 6-1
2. #113 Hideko Tachibana (HAR) def. Alexis Rodriguez (UCF) 6-4, 6-2
3. Kristin Norton (HAR) def. Andrea Yacaman (UCF) 1-6, 6-3, 6-2
4. Samantha Rosekrans (HAR) def. Jenna Doerfler (UCF) 6-1, 6-4
5. Sophie Chang (HAR) def. Allison Hodges (UCF) 7-6 (7-4), 7-5
6. Katie Orletsky (UCF) def. Samantha Gridley (HAR) 3-6, 6-2, 7-5
1. Holly Cao/Samantha Rosekrans (HAR) def. Jenny Frisell/Katie Orletsky (UCF) 8-6
2. Hideko Tachibana/Kristin Norton (HAR) def. Alexis Rodriguez/Christy Core (UCF) 8-3
3. Andrea Yacaman/Taylor Dubins (UCF) def. Alexandra Lehman/Sophie Chang (HAR) 8-2