Weld Boathouse - Home of Radcliffe Crew
Weld Boathouse, the home of Radcliffe Crew, forms a deep part of
team tradition. Donated and built by the George Walker Weld family
in 1906, the boathouse is an architectural highlight for both
Harvard University and the rowing community of Boston.
Situated on the corner of John F. Kennedy Street and Memorial Drive
in Cambridge, the Weld Boathouse and the Charles River are just a
short walk from the College campus, and serve as integral parts of
the College's athletic landscape.
Weld Boathouse was originally used for the Harvard freshman men's program and club rowing. Since 1971, it has been home to the women's rowing teams, as well as continued host to Harvard's recreational sculling and intramural house crew programs.
With eight miles of rowable river and a 2,000-meter race course, the Charles River is an outstanding body of water for rowing, and is home to many of the nation's finest and oldest collegiate rowing programs as well as the prestigious Head of the Charles Regatta.
Mon-Fri 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Last boat leaves at 4 p.m.
For more information,