CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - Two games, two victories for the Crimson on Saturday as the No. 14 Harvard men's water polo team defeated No. 15 Brown in OT, 11-0, and MIT, 10-8. Harvard moves to 11-4 on the season and 3-2 against conference opponents.
No. 14 Harvard 11, No. 15 Brown 10 (OT)
Freshman Dennis Blysahov kicked it off for the Crimson, netting the first goal of the game. Junior Nick Bunn quickly followed with a goal of his own, and Blyashov closed out the first quarter with another goal. The Crimson led the Bears, 3-1, at the end of the first.
At the half, the Crimson still controlled the lead, up 5-4 over the Bears, thanks to goals from sophomore Austin Sechrest and Bunn. Despite the intense play from both teams, regulation time wasn't enough to determine a victor, as both teams remained tied 8-8 at the end of the fourth quarter. In overtime, three players scored for the Crimson, freshman Bruno Snow, senior captain Colin Chiapello and to finish off overtime strong, junior Nathan Ondracek scored the game-winner for the Crimson.
- Junior Nathan Ondracek netted the game-winner for the Crimson, his ninth goal of the season.
- Three players netted three goals each: freshman Dennis Blyashov, sophomore Austin Sechrest and junior Nick Bunn.
- Freshmen Jackson Enright and Bruno Snow, sophomore Charlie Owens and senior captain Colin Chiapello each netted one goal. Chiapello also lead the team in steals, with six.
- In net, junior goalkeeper Anthony Ridgley tallied six goals.
- Harvard moves to 26-92 all-time against the Bears.
No. 14 Harvard 10, MIT 8
Junior Nick Bunn netted the first goal of the game for the Crimson, followed by a goal from sophomore Charlie Owens. At the half, the Crimson led MIT, 7-5. Freshman Jackson Enright secured the eighth goal of the game for Harvard, right before senior captain Colin Chiapello put one away for the game-winner. A final goal from sophomore Austin Sechrest secured the 10-8 win. Sechrest ended the game with three goals.
- Sophomore Austin Sechrest led the way on offense, with three goals against MIT.
- Senior captain Colin Chiapello netted the game-winner for the Crimson.
- In net, sophomore Nikhil Suri tallied eight saves.
- Harvard is now 90-21 all-time against MIT. The Crimson has won the last 14 games against MIT.
The weekend of Oct. 13-15 Harvard will host the annual Harvard Invite. The Crimson is set to face Johns Hopkins on Oct. 13 at 7:30 p.m., Pomona-Pitzer on Oct. 14 at 12:30 p.m. and George Washington on Oct. 15 at 10:30 a.m. All games will air on the Ivy League Network.