Photo of Alistair Felton (left) and Andy Nguyen, courtesy of Harvard Athletic Communications.
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- The Harvard men's tennis team claimed its third consecutive Ivy League victory Friday afternoon, downing Brown 5-2. The Crimson improves to 12-10 on the season and 3-2 against Ancient Eight opponents. The Bears fall to 10-14 on the year and 0-5 in the conference.
Harvard earned a win in all three doubles matches to jump out to a 1-0 lead heading into the singles portion of the match. Aba Omodele-Lucien and Christo Schultz cruised to an 8-3 victory at the top doubles spot. Alistair Felton and Andy Nguyen picked up a narrow 8-7 win at the No. 2 position. Will McNamee and Joshua Tchan rolled to victory at the No. 3 slot to complete the sweep.
Alexei Chijoff-Evans prevailed in straight sets over Brown's Kendrick Au at the No. 1 singles position. Schultz claimed Harvard's second singles win of the day, defeating the Bears' Charlie Posner in straight sets at the fourth singles spot. Felton edged Brown's Tim Klanke at the No. 5 singes match, winning 6-4, 7-6. Mac McAnulty picked up a singles win at the sixth slot, taking the third-set super-tiebreaker. McAnulty lost the first set 6-3 and then bounced back to capture the second set 6-4 and send the match to a third set.
Harvard looks to stay in contention for the Ivy title, as it hosts Yale in a pivotal matchup April 18.
1. Omodele-Lucien/Schultz (H) def. Au/Deighton (B) 8-3
2. Felton/Andy Nguyen (H) def. Hill/Posner (B) 8-7 (4)
3. Tchan/Will McNamee (H) def. Crystal/Klanke (B) 8-3
1. Alexei Chijoff-Evans (H) def. Kendrick Au (B) 6-2; 6-3
2. Mike Hill (B) def. Joshua Tchan 7-6(4); 6-4
3. Thomas Deighton (B) def. Aba Omodele-Lucien 6-3; 7-5
4. Christo Schultz (H) def. Charlie Posner (B) 6-4; 6-3
5. Alistair Felton (H) def. Tim Klanke (B) 6-4; 7-6 (1)
6. Mac McAnulty (H) def. Miles Garrigues (B) 3-6; 6-4; 10-7