Gambitsky, Offense Roll as Men's Lacrosse Picks Up 15-7 Win at Georgetown
The Crimson offense and defense were on display in win at Georgetown (Gil Talbot).
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Harvard men's lacrosse team picked up its second straight win with a 15-7 victory at Georgetown Saturday afternoon.
Harvard exploded in the second quarter, outscoring Georgetown 7-0 to open a 10-2 halftime lead and all but put the game out of reach. Ian Ardrey scored all three of his goals during the stretch as Jake Gambitsky turned away six shots en route to a career-high 18 saves on the day. Ardrey, Peter Schwartz and Will Walker each recorded a hat trick with Devin Dwyer notching five assists in his first action of the year.
The Crimson improves to 3-2 with the win, its first on the road. Gambitsky's 18 saves were the most for a Harvard goalkeeper since Harry Krieger '13 made 19 on March 29, 2011 against UMass.
- Harvard picked up its second straight win to improve to 3-2, its first on the road.
- Jake Gambitsky made a career-high 18 saves, the most by a member of the Crimson since Harry Krieger '13 made 19 on March 29, 2011 against UMass.
- Peter Schwartz (3g, 2a) and Devin Dwyer (5a) finished with a game-high five points.
- Ian Ardrey and Will Walker also scored three goals, with Ardrey adding one assist for four total points.
- Nine different Crimson scored at least one goal.
- Harvard was 1-of-1 on the man-advantage while holding Georgetown to a 1-of-6 performance.
- Jake Gambitsky made a career-high 18 saves, the most by a member of the Crimson since Harry Krieger '13 made 19 on March 29, 2011 against UMass, and has registered double-digit saves in four of five contests this year.
- Peter Schwartz matched his career-high with five points (3g, 2a) and extended his point scoring streak to six games dating back to last season.
- Will Walker recorded his second hat trick of the year and has scored at least two goals in each of the Crimson's last four games.
- Ian Ardrey matched his career-high with four points (3g, 1a) for his first hat trick of the year.
- Devin Dwyer set career-highs with five assists and five ground balls after returning from injury.
- Harvard earned its first win ever at Georgetown and improved to 3-3 all-time against the Hoyas.
- Harvard opened a 2-0 lead to begin the game and was in front 3-2 after the first quarter.
- Harvard exploded for seven goals in the second quarter for a 10-2 halftime lead.
- The teams were even in scoring in both the third and fourth quarter as Harvard took the victory, 15-7.
Lead Changes: Zero
Largest Leads: Harvard by 10 – 3rd: 12:51, Georgetown - none
Harvard will begin Ivy League play next week as it hosts Brown on Saturday, March 15. All of the action from Soldiers Field Lacrosse Stadium can be seen live on the Ivy League Digital Network, with first faceoff scheduled for 7 p.m.