The Role of the
- Friends Chairs serve as the leader of the Friends group and aim
to build a community of engaged alumni and supporters.
- Friends Chairs consult with the head coach as the Friends
budget is annually established. Once the head coach approves
the Friends budget, Friends chairs agree to lead the fundraising
effort to reach the contribution goal and approve any changes to
the budget as requested by the head coach.
- Friends Chairs work closely with the Varsity Club, sport
liaison, coaching staff, parents and alumni to keep constituents
informed of the progress and needs of the organization.
- Friends Chairs are charged with recruiting and leading an
active Friends board to help coordinate the annual initiatives that
drive the success of Harvard Athletics.
- Most importantly, the Friends Chair will assist in developing
the necessary resources and relationships that are required to
sustain the standard of excellence established by Harvard