Palmer Dixon Strength and Conditioning Center
The Palmer Dixon Strength and Conditioning Center
The Palmer Dixon Strength and Conditioning Center is one of the premier strength and conditioning facilities in the country. Few, if any, facilities can match Palmer Dixon's ability to accommodate large teams in such a variety of strength training and conditioning areas with top-of-the-line equipment.
Since its completion in March 2007 Harvard student-athletes have enjoyed training with the new state of the art equipment in the spacious 24,000- square-foot facility.
The Palmer Dixon Strength and Conditioning Center is set up for full service training for each athlete and team. The layout of the building is designed for every aspect of training to be housed in the Center. Training amenities include:
- 24 Training
Stations, each equipped with the following:
- All-rubber Olympic lifting platform by Sorinex
- Olympic bar on the platform
- Landmines by Sorinex, attached to each Olympic platform, for multiple-plane movement training with barbells
- Attached chalk bowl between platforms
- Full bumper plate set (6-45lbs, 2-25lbs, 4-10lbs, 2-5lbs, 2-2.5lbs) by Uesaka.
- 9ft tall Power Rack with built-in 3-way chin up bars by Power Lift.
- Power bar on the rack
- Olympic Bench adjustable from 0 - 90 degrees by Sorinex.
- Full iron plate set (10-45lbs, 2-25lbs, 4-10lbs, 2-5lbs, 2-2.5lbs) by York.
- 18 inch step-up Plyo box
- Dip and chin-up belt
- 4 pairs of resistance bands (25-lbs, 50-lbs, 75-lbs, 100-lbs)
- Stability ball and stability pad
- 14-person Dip Rack with extra weight belts
- 2 Full sets of dumbbells each ranging from 3lbs up to 130lbs
- 3 Hammer Jammers
- 21,000 square-foot all purpose turf floor.
- 45 yard field turf surface allowing athletes to engage in foot work, dynamic warm up and dynamic flex, speed and agility training, interval conditioning and dynamic strength training all in the strength and conditioning center.
- 12 pulling sleds for speed training as well as dynamic strength by Power Systems
- Speed and agility training equipment storage space.
- Indoor and outdoor med ball walls each 40 feet wide and 8 feet high
- 50 medicine balls ranging from 1lb up to 20lbs
- A 3,000 square-foot conditioning loft filled with 30 pieces of indoor conditioning equipment such as: Spinner, Airdyne and stationary bikes as well as treadmills, ellipticals and stairsteppers.
- Men's and women's locker rooms
- Strength and Conditioning offices
Located in the Soldiers Field Athletic Complex, the Palmer Dixon Strength and Conditioning Center neighbors the stadiums, arenas, practice fields and locker rooms making it convenient and time efficient for Harvard's student athletes.
The facility as well as the entire program is overseen by the Director of Strength and Conditioning James Frazier, Assistant Directors Tim Mullen and Benjamin Schumacher, and Coaching Assistants Chantelle Boucher and Kurtis West.